Friday, March 24, 2006

adverts that please, adverts that pain

I'm not normally one to complain, but i must air my views on the state of television advertsing at the moment. now, i'm all for adverts if they entertain me in some way... the opposite is true for those adverts that irritate. Examples:

1) Cillit 'Bang'. Yes Barry, your product looks like it could do a great job on my blocked toilet, but don't shout at me about it. Also why are you dubbed? Your advert leaves me with no doubts of the chemical power of the product, but it also leaves me with more questions than answers -- mainly: 'what IS Cillit Bang?'

2) Picture Loans. A common theme in adverts -- the 'follow on story'. Previously we saw some guy who would be devastated if they cancelled football due to the impending thunder storm suggested by the guy on the other end of the phone, and also didn't know exactly how much money he wanted to borrow ('£25000' his wife reminds him... 'oh yeah'). The next stage in this campaign is his next door neighbour, who also needs some cash. What bugs me about this advert is when the bloke from the previous advert meets him on the garden path, mobile phone in hand (already dialled to Picture Loans) and informs his mate he needs to talk to picture.

There are plenty more adverts that annoy me, and I'll share them with you when I have time.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. valium buy tramadol buy fluoxetine Beamon nashville cars website porsche dealers in atlanta herbal review supplement

10:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Вчера заходил сайт не работал, где то часов в 12 дня, из следовать чего? [url=http://profvesti.ru/o-stroitelstve-iz-penoblokov/91-stroitelstvo-iz-penoblokov.html]частные ремонты квартир[/url]

8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home